5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World

The muslim population worldwide to date stands at 1.7 billion. Or about 22% of the total population in the world. This Muslim spread in the Arabian Peninsula region by including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, and the United Arab Emirates.

In Central Asia, Iran and Iraq. Furthermore, in Africa we know Egypt and Morocco. Lastly, in Southeast Asia, Indonesia and Malaysia contributed to the number of Muslim population in the world.

In addition to the famous countries above. There are still many countries with unknown Muslim-majority countries. The country is very small but an average of 70-95% of the population converts to Islam. This is a small Islamic country that we rarely hear about.

Mayotte

5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World
5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World

Mayotte is not officially an Islamic state. Even this small island is part of France. However, the population with a total of 200,000 people is majority Muslim. Statistically, 98.8 percent of the country’s population is Islamic and the rest convert to Christianity.

5 Countries That Prohibit Israelis From Its Territory

The people in Mayotte are mostly Comoros. They came here to trade and spread Islam. In addition to the Comoros, the island is also frequented by traders from Arabia and Iran. So it is not surprising that in this place the population is majority Muslim.

Western Sahara

Western Sahara is one of the smallest Muslim-majority countries in the world. Located on the west coast of Africa, the country was once used as a slave market by the French in the 1700s. After that, conflict continued to break out with neighboring countries such as Morocco or Mauritia. Even now the conflict still occurs in the border areas.

Western Sahara currently has a population of 586,000 people. Of these, 99.8% are Muslim. This region has a large Muslim population because it is in the largest Islamic distribution zone in the North African region. In this area there is Egypt, Morocco, Libya, to Algeria which is the largest Muslim-majority population, even on a world scale.

Kosovo, Islamic Countries

5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World
5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World

Kosovo is one of the smallest Muslim-majority countries in the world. There are only 1.5 million people in this place, with 92% of them Muslim. In the past, this region of Kosovo was controlled by the Ottoman Empire for 4 centuries before finally in the 20th century, Ottoman Turkey had to experience its emergence to crumble and become modern Turkey.

Kosovo is in a European region that is predominantly Christian or Catholic. Even the location of Kosovo is on the Balkan Peninsula where the center of the christian distribution of the world began. This uniqueness makes Kosovo often referred to as a piece of Islam in the wilds of a very Christian Europe.

Djibouti, Islamic Countries

5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World
5 Smallest Islamic Countries in the World

Djibouti is one of the other Muslim-majority countries in Africa. Until now, the population with Islam reached 94% of the total population. The remaining 6% of the population is Christian and religious of the local tribe.

Although Islam is a single religion that is used as a state religion, residents of other religions are still allowed to carry out religious activities as long as they do not interfere with each other.

The spread of Islam in this region occurred from merchants and preachers who came from the Arabian Peninsula. Some even say that since the time of the Prophet Muhammad this country has begun to be targeted by the spread of Islam most peting in the northern part of Africa.

Sierra Leone, Islamic Countries

Sierra Leone is a small part of the African plains whose majority of the population converts to Islam. According to statistics, Muslims in this country reached 71%, the side is people who embrace the local religion as well as Christians. The spread of Islam in the country coincides with the spread of Muslims in the north African region.

As one of the minority Islamic countries in the world. Sierra Leone often has difficulty performing hajj. The distance traveled and the expensive cost make a lot of residents here difficult to perform hajj. Moreover, the poor people in this country almost control all the territory.

Leave a Comment