- 1 These 7 benefits of Worship
- 1.1 1) Worship in Allah will purify and cleanse the soul
- 1.2 2) Worship is a basic human need that is more than anything else
- 1.3 3) Worship in Allah makes one able to feel the essential pleasure
- 1.4 4) Worship relieves a person of good and abandons evil
- 1.5 5) Worship can release a person from slavery to beings
- 1.6 6) The prescribed worship has a positive impact on the physical and psychic
- 1.7 7) Worship in Allah is the main reason for achieving God’s pleasure
These 7 benefits of Worship
Worship, this word is certainly familiar to a Muslim. Worship is a way as well as a means for a Muslim to draw closer to Allah SWT.
In the Qur’an it is even mentioned that man and jinn were created by Allah SWT, none other than to worship.
Allah swt said:
وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ
“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except that they should serve Me.” QS Az Zariat: 56
what is the definition of worship according to Islamic teachings?
the word worship comes from the Arabic word (abada – yabudu – ibadah) meaning, submissive, obedient, and humble.
Also Read : What is Islam Definiton, Beliefs, and Teaching ?
While the meaning is divided into two meanings, namely general meaning and special meaning.
1) Worship in Allah will purify and cleanse the soul
Worship will elevate the culprit to a high degree to true glory and human perfection.
The best of those with Allah is the best of piety. And allah is All- Humble, All-Merciful.
2) Worship is a basic human need that is more than anything else
Man is fundamentally weak and needs God. Just as the body needs food and drink, the heart and spirit also need worship.
In fact, the need for this worship far outweighs the material needs such as eating and drinking.
The essence and subtansi of the servant is his heart and his runya. They will not be good except to go before Their Lord in worship.
3) Worship in Allah makes one able to feel the essential pleasure
This is as revealed by Ibn Qayyim al-Jauziyah.
“There is no happiness, pleasure, delicacy, and kindness, except when he believes in God as the Lord, the Creator, the One, and he worships Him only as the ultimate destination and the most beloved of all.” (Ibn Qayyim al-Jauziyah)
4) Worship relieves a person of good and abandons evil
Worship can comfort a person when beset by suffering or disaster.
Worship can ease the burden when trouble or pain. All will be more easily accepted with airy chest with worship.
5) Worship can release a person from slavery to beings
And whoso worships Allah, he is the Lord of the worlds. He will also escape from fear and anxiety because it depends on the hope of the creature.
When a person only worships God, he will be calm, confident, and in great spirit because he only hopes and fears God alone.
6) The prescribed worship has a positive impact on the physical and psychic
Various studies have proven that worship prescribed in Islam as taught by the Prophet (pbuh) has a good impact on health.
In fact, when performed continuously, worship proves to be a cure for physical and mental illness.
7) Worship in Allah is the main reason for achieving God’s pleasure
This is the greatest priority. Because, only with the purity of worship, man can obtain god’s pleasure.
God is pleased that man will be freed from the torment of hell and will be able to reach a surge with all his pleasures.